Thursday 10 April 2014

OUGD503- Sound Vizion UK- Live Brief

Brief 

The brief is to design a logo for a music production company Sound Vizion UK

The logo will need to reflect the nature of business in a professional, clinical way to reflect the quality of the services being provided.

The client needs the logo for digital purposes 
-RGB
-72dpi
-Facebook page/ images 

However, I will also provide a print version for promotional purposes e.g. business cards...

Considerations 

-Stand alone/type and image
-colours 2/3
-needs to work on screen
-work at different scales 
-needs to reflect the musical aspect of the company 

Key Words
-sound
-vision 
-waves 
-music 
-mix
-production 
-events 
-mastering
-technology 
-instruments 
-loud
-bold
-timing 
-metronome
-balance
-clinical 
-refined 
-technical 

The main key words I need to focus on are 'sound' and 'vision' I want to communicate this throughout the logo.

 Original Logo

Above is the original logo being used at the moment. As you can see it doesn't look very professional and doesn't portray the quality of services provided. However, it has geometric influences which was my initial thoughts of what direction to take it down. I am confident I can make the logo much better than this one.

Original Facebook Cover Image


Once I have designed the logo I will need to transfer it to the clients Facebook page. This is the current cover image being used.

Initial Ideas


I have sketched a few rough ideas down before I more onto the computer to see what might work best for the logo. I like the idea of having the S as the main visual for the logo to work along side the type so the audience knows the company name.


Colour Scheme 









I have decided to use these colours because the clients original logo was blue so I thought this was a good starting point. As for the other colours I have taken inspiration from the music software program audacity and others as they seem to be popular colours within the field.


Font

Nexa Bold



I Have chosen to use this font because it looks clean and bold. Also, I will be having the type in uppercase which this font works well for.


Digital Development 

I have made a simple grid to house the logo, I want it to be symmetrical so I have used a square divided into four.


To communicate vision I have used circles to represent an eye. I have made it central point of the logo to reflect the vision that is needed to produce the music and the philosophy of the company.




I used the shapes above to create the shape to represent the 'S' I have left gaps to be filled with shapes to represent sound waves.


I added a gradient to the lines using the red and orange colours to give the logo some depth.

I definitely think the logo needs the company name so people know what the business is, it could work as a stand alone as well when appropriate. 

Final Logo

I have sent the client the logo and they are happy with the design and have given the go ahead to apply it to Facebook media. 

Social Media:

I am going to keep the same format as the original Facebook page, so, the logo will be used as the profile image and the cover photo will have the information about what company.

Profile Image


I have added a metallic gradient to the background to enhance the logo and make it stand out. I also think it communicates quality by making it look polished.

Cover Image


On the cover image I have kept the most import information; services and contact details. I don't think it needs the social media icons as they are common knowledge now and all social media is inter linked anyway.

Facebook Page


I have sent the all the designs to the client and the page is now live. I have supplied everything the client has asked for but I am going to design some business cards as well as an extra as I think it would be good to have cards on hand when meeting potential customers that may not have access to the internet.


Business Card Variations 



I tried mimicking the Facebook design but I don't think it works with print and could look tacky as a business card.




This design uses elements from the logo with flat colour opposed to the gradient. I think the design is too busy but the colours work much better.




I have stripped back the design on this card leaving the most important details. I also tried using the blue colour from the logo which i think works well, it has more impact. However, I think the back works with both colours and I will suggest using both for variation. 




I experimented with the orientation of the cards and the type. I think the design above is the strongest out the two and has the most impact.


Final Design 




I have mocked up the business cards to show the client the how it could look if they decided to use the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment