Thursday 6 February 2014

OUGD503- Collaborative Partner Evaluation

Why have you chosen to work with your creative partner? What are your aims?

I have chosen to work with Roxxie for the collaborative brief because she seems to be well organised, motivated to put the work in, her craft skills are good which will benefit me as I prefer to work digitally and I think it will be good to work with a female to get a different perspective to my own.

What are your specific areas of creative interest in this brief?

I am interested in the body shop brief because it needs a strong identity designing that can be transferred across channels. I think this will be a good challenge for me and put me out of my comfort zone as the products are mainly for females. This will be good for me to design something that might not be my personal style but for a specific target audience.

What specific design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?

I enjoy working digitally and I don't mind doing tedious jobs like preparing files for print. My finishing skills are ok , for example, cutting things out accurately with a scalpel. I am pretty patient with time consuming and fiddley jobs.

What specific non-design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?

I am easy to discuss ideas with and Im open to ideas that rant my own. I can take criticism well and I don't mind talking to people outside of college. I am reliable in regards to deadlines and meetings and I don't mind staying late and putting the hours in.

What will your specific roles be in the collaboration in relation to your brief?

It depends what we decide to do and how we break up the workload but I could be accountable for digitising any hand rendered material and Roxxie could be in charge of the craft side of the brief. 

What do you think your individual responsibilities will be in relation to your brief?

I will need to keep to any arrangements made in order not to let my partner down, general punctionallity goes without saying. Produce the highest standard of work I can and keep communication going when making design decisions.

What do you think will your joint responsibilities will be?

I think the main joint responsibilities will be sharing the costs, keeping communication going constantly and keeping to arrangement e.g. meetings... 

No comments:

Post a Comment