Tuesday 7 January 2014

OUGD504- Print Initial Development

Media


I went to the Chinese supermarket in town to source some material to apply the designs to. I couldn't find the exact colours for everything to match so I will have to spray some of them black. I will do this once I have all the designs ready for production.


Menu 


I have started to sketch some initial ideas of the format for the menu. I wanted the menu to be to be free- standing as the food choice is designed to be for seated service as well as standing. 

I decided to go ahead with the top right design because I think the logo will work well being displayed on the pop-up section in the center.



I made a mock up of the menu just to make sure the pop-up worked properly, its not to size but I will work out the dimensions once I have finalised the menu content.



Now I have the menu content ready I have worked out the dimensions for the net.

Height-230mm
width-200mm

I had to add 30 mm to the height the compensate for the circle.



Chopstick Holder 



Chopstick Packaging



I mocked up the chopstick packaging and holder to allow me to work out the dimensions. This will make it easy for me when I come to create the net digitally.

Because I have black and red chopsticks I am going to create two variations, one to suit each colour.

Dimensions 



Now I have the dimensions I can start to digitise the design. Im not going to draw any variations by hand because because I can do this digitally much quicker and colour will be the main factor of the design.



Coasters 


The coasters will have the same design as the chopstick holders. The dimensions will be 100x100mm. 


Table Mat


The table mat is made out of the the two sushi mats I sourced. It will have the same black material as the napkins round the edges, I decided to leave the top edge wood because I liked the binding string lose.

Napkins 


The napkins will have three white stripes in the center to relate to the logo. There will be one red and one black napkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment