Tuesday 8 April 2014

OUGD503- Jacked Lincoln Branding- Live Brief

The Brief: 

To create a brand and identity for a new music event based in Lincoln. The event takes place every month and features new and upcoming dis that play bass driven house music.

Deliverables:

I will need to design a logo for the brand 'Jacked' that can be used across a variety of media with supporting designs for the identity.

-Logo
-Social Media 
-Banner 
-Staff T-shirt logo

Considerations:

-Will need to work at different sizes so it will need to be simple
-Colours for the supporting media
-Dimensions for digital designs/ Facebook
-Saving appropriate file types for best outcome/ print and web!

Deadline:

31/01/14


I am a fan of this kind of music and events so this brief will be really enjoyable for me. 


Initial Ideas



I tried sketching a few rough ideas down to start. Im not sure wether to have the logo as type or type and image at the moment. From the research I collected, the logos tend to use type more often than a stand alone logo so I think I will properly go this way with the design. I want it to be geometric as well so I am going to experiment in illustrator using shapes to create the letterforms.


Digital Development 
These are the shapes I am going to use to make the letterforms and logo.


Grid System



I created this simple grid to help me construct the letterforms with the shapes.



I had to play about with the orientation of the shapes until I was happy with the layout. Im trying to get each letter to flow into the next by connecting the letters.


I got the idea to enclose the letterforms so I tried a few variations to see if this would work.


 I like how the K stems off in both directions, it creates balance.

Im finding it really difficult to link the letters together so I tried separating the J from the A to make it clearer, I think this works better and it reminds me of a speech bubble which can be the concept of getting people talking about he event.

Final Design 
I wasn't happy with the letterforms so I have separated them for better readability and rounded the edges to make it flow better. I have showed this design to the client and they are happy with the design so I can start to think about applying to other media.


Colour Ways 


I experimented with a few different colours ways to see what could be done with the logo. I think keeping it all one colour is more consistent and works better.


Social Media

The client has asked me to design two images for their Facebook group page. I will need to design a profile picture with the logo on and a supporting cover photo.

Dimensions 
Profile Picture:
180px
180px

Cover Photo:
width- 851px
height- 315px

Colour Scheme 






Profile Picture 


Keeping with the geometric theme, I create the background out of triangles and arranged them in a disjointed layout out. Because the background is pretty busy, I decided to fill in the logo to make the letterforms stand out.


Cover Photo


I have kept the cover photo simple and applied the same design as the profile pic just a bit more stripped back. I didn't think it needed anything else because the cover photo will be used for promotion so it will be regularly changed.


Facebook Page



The client was happy with the design and the page has now gone live. After talking to clients about the project they have asked me to create a promotional cover photo for the launch of the first night on the 21/2/14. 


Profile Picture 

The slogan for the promotion is 'Don't Stay In #GetJacked' so the client wants me to use this in the design.



I have made the profile picture so it works together with the cover photo. The Hashtag will sit next to the Getjacked on the cover photo.

Cover Photo



Facebook Promotion Design 




Staff T-shirt Logo

The event will have their own staff so I have been asked to design a different variation of the logo to go on T-shirts. 

Printed T-shirts 




Banners

They also need a banner designing to be displayed outside of the venue and in front of the decks.

Dimensions
2x6 ft





I tried a few variations incorporating elements of the designs already completed.

Final Design


After discussions with the client they said they wanted to keep it simple and bold so I use the same design as the Facebook profile picture scaled up to fill the banner.

Printed Banner


Banner in Context 






No comments:

Post a Comment