Monday 30 December 2013

OUGD504- Brief/Concept









As the restaurant has to be typographically themes I thought it would be a good starting point to write a mind map of words that came to mind in regards to typography. The only word that stood out to me was type as image which I thought I could incorporate into the logo.

I felt I wasn't getting any further with this so I decided to move on.



I started a new mind map linking words to Japanese dinning to try and think of a name and to help me understand who I am designing for. Alongside research I came across the name 'Tenjin', which is a Japanese God of language and calligraphy, he also taught humans to write. I made the decision to use this as the name of the restaurant which is an extended link to the typographic element to the brief.



I wanted to create a restaurant/bar that serves small sharing dishes. I started to think of a menu to inform some of the print material and to help me gain a better understanding of the identity. As I was researching I came across a style of Japanese cuisine called 'Yakitori.' This is a type of food that is on a stick that is grilled to order. 


Next I wrote down all the details of the bar/restaurant to help me design to a specific target audience. I decided to make the bar really bespoke only serving yakitori with limited Japanese drinks for a unique experience. 

The bar is meant to be a real sociable place that people can go to try a selection of flavoursome finger food in an energetic, friendly environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment