Monday 18 November 2013

OUGD504- Initial Development

To start to get some ideas of what I could include in my pack I drew a mind map of all the things that had been discussed in workshops and through my research.


I also drew a mind map of words that came to mind when I though about print. I did this to try and come up with a concept for my pack. One phrase that stood out to me was 'Trail+Error', this gave me the idea to base my pack on a guide to print processes to help the audience have ago themselves.


After attending some workshops and having ago at some processes and finishes myself, I identified the best way to learn was to have ago yourself. This reinforced the concept of trail and error and gave me the idea to base my content on the more 'hands-on' approach to printing and helped to me to start to make some initial decisions.


Now I have my rough concept and idea, I started to sketch some ideas of what form the pack could take. I like the idea of having a book with sections referring to the different processes. I also thought of having a step by set guide that can be removed from the book to take with them when they are testing out the processes. This allows the book to be left at home where it won't get damaged. 


I also starting thinking about how to display the information. I like the idea of pages folding in different ways to allow me utilise the space, this will obviously be dictated by the content. For the pull out sections, I was thinking about different folds so it would be free standing to allow the audience to display it next to where they are working to refer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment