Monday 18 November 2013

OUGD504- Further Development

Now I have my initial idea I have started to draw some thumbnails of layouts and how the book could work.


I was thinking about how I could display the content in a different way with sections that could possibly fold out or be pulled out.


I have broken each section down into the subheadings of preperation and printing.


I am thinking about drawing some sketch style illustrations to work with the text to explain the process easier.


For the printing section, I want to display the content on a page that folds out to allow me to have illustrations in a step by step guide. The fold-out will be removable so the audience can take it with them when they print or they can stick it on there wall to refer to when designing the artwork to be printed. This will help them to consider the process when designing.


I think the the introduction pages and preparation papers will need to be conventional double page spreads with the printing section being a pull-out.



From the thumbnails I think a two column grid, possibly three will work best to display the content. I will try out the grids when I start designing digitally.



The dimensions for my book will be:

180mm height
200mm width

The pullout will be A3 with the dimensions when folded:

140 height
160 width

I am going to print the five section separately then stitch bind them together afterwards so the colours of the stock will be visible from the spine.


No comments:

Post a Comment