Wednesday 23 October 2013

OUGD504- Screen Print Primary Research

I decided to have ago at screen printing to remind myself of the process.


First you need to degrease the screen to remove any ink or emulsion.



Once its dry you have to apply the emulsion.





You use the troth to apply the emulsion by pulling it from the bottom of the screen to the top.





Place it in the dark to dry



Once its dry to have to expose the image onto screen in the exposer unit.



You expose it for 170 light units



Once the image has been exposed you need to wash the screen with water to remove the soft emulsion.

At this stage I realised I had applied the emulsion way to thick so it didn't expose properly. On a positive, I now feel i know how to repeat the process if I needed to. Im still struggling to get into screen printing. I really don't enjoy the whole process and would rather use other means. However, I can see the benefits when it comes to mass production and cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment