As a group, we discussed what the mandatories are and decided the posters need to display:
- Blog address- yourtea.wordpress.com
- Email address- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter name- @yourteablog
Another point raised in the discussion was that not every one has access to the internet so the idea of creating an interactive poster was suggested as another means of recording if people are getting involved. We could then include this data on our blog as well.
I will need to consider where would be best to display the posters for them to be most effective.
I found an independent tea company situated in Leeds and have sent an email asking if they would be interested in letting us display our printed promotional material in their shop. If they are willing to help then this will be great for us to target the real tea drinkers that are more likely to get involved with our blog.
I haven't had a response from the company so we are going to go visit shops to see if they will let us display some posters so we can reach a wider audience, rather than just college.
As we discussed, not every one has access to the internet so the idea for the interactive poster is to stick a sticker on your preferred tea. This will allow us to record data that we can later add to the blog.
As a group we chose 4 posters and one interactive poster to develop further:
We decided to have two typographic posters for maximum impact, and two with type and image to catch the viewers attention.
This is the logo for the blog that Priyesh designed and the rest of the group have design a font made from tea. These two elements are going to feature across our media for continuity.
We decided on a colour scheme:
I tried the tea font with flat colour. I prefer this look to the photographed and I think it will work better on the posters.
I experimented with reversing the colours, use of font and size and placement of the logo. I have designed some variations, so as a group on Monday we can chooses the strongest and develop them further if needed.
Stickers and Sticker Box
I showed the group what I had done today and we decided on these designs for the final outcome.
We have displayed the poster series in various places around college where we felt would get the most exposure. We have also put some up in cafes in town to reach a wider audience.
We have got permission to display the interactive poster in the cafe at college. We want to put it somewhere where it will get the most attention, preferably near where the tea is sold.
We recorded a viral add to go onto the blog and twitter page. Danielle came up for the concept and the group pitched in to help film it. The video was passed over to me to edit. I have edited with Adobe after affects which was a challenge because I have never used it before. We have organised to get it played on the T.V. in the cafe at college which will be great exposure as lots of people eat and drink tea in there.
Now the video is finished I have uploaded it to youtube and posted it to our twitter page. This is another means of distribution as people can leave comments on the page.
We displayed the interactive poster in the cafe at college. The results were more successful than we anticipated which was great. I think this was due to the simplicity and ease of participating.