Sunday 2 December 2012

OUGD405- Typogateaux



Initial Ideas

The letterforms that I want to resemble are 'cmyk.' I started by sketching a few ideas.

















This is the cake design I am going to make. I want to make a battenberg cake with cmyk colours running throughout the insides of the cake, as well as the outside. To finish, I will make the letters C, M, Y and K out of white marzipan in a helvetica font to be displayed on each section  of colour. I have designed the cake this way because I have been interested by modernism and a minimalist aesthetic within  design.




Ingredients 





¾ cup (1½ sticks) 175gm / 6 oz Unsalted Butter, softened & cut in cubes

¾ cup / 175gm / 6 oz Caster Sugar

1¼ cups / 175gm / 6 oz Self-Raising Flour (***see end of doc on how to make your own)

3 Large Eggs, room temp

½ cup / 65gm / 2 1/3 oz Ground Almonds (Can be substituted with ground rice)

3/4 tsp Baking Powder

½ tsp Vanilla Extract

1/4 tsp Almond Extract

Red Food Colouring, paste, liquid or gel

To Finish

1/3 cup (80 ml) 100gm / 3 ½ oz Apricot Jam


225gm / 8 oz Marzipan, natural or yellow










Registration Card Design





Final Design


No comments:

Post a Comment