Wednesday 21 November 2012

Introduction to Printing Processes

Introduction to 
Printing Processes

We were introduced to different printing processes at Vernon street. The processes included Linoprinting, Letterpress and monoprinting. I had a go at Letterpress and Monoprinting because I hadn't done them before. I had already tried Lino printing whilst at college.

Letterpress 


Letterpress is relief printing and involves woodblock type, inking it, and pressing it against paper to form an impression.


Monoprinting


Monoprinting involves inking a surface, overlaying a material with elements cut out. This allows the ink to leave an impression on what ever is placed over the top. To get a good impression it's pressed by a roller. 

It was good to be made aware of the different processes however I didn't really enjoy this induction because I prefer to work digitally.


No comments:

Post a Comment