1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have learnt how to produce work much faster throughout this module due to bad time management. This is a positive and a negative in some aspects, as I wanted to improve my workflow. However I need to address my organisational skills to get the most out of the brief.
2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I have out sourced all my print work through this module which has been a good experience talking to printers and making sure files are set up correctly which is something I will have to do in the industry. I have also had a go at using vinyl and the laser cutter, which I haven’t done before so I have some new skills that I can use in the future.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I feel I am getting better at branding and general consistency with design across media. I also enjoy creating work that has been considered and stripped back to what I see the essential information. My use of colour has improved over the module and I am getting more confident in using colour in my work.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
My finishing skills still need improvement to make sure my work is finished to the best of my ability and could stand up against professional products.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
- I must improve on managing my time as it has been terrible and I feel my work has suffered as a consequence.
- I have spent a lot of money through this module due to bad management and missing out on print slots in college.
- The production of certain things. Now I no how to use the laser cutter and vinyl cutter I would of made some things differently to get a better finish.
- I didn’t use crits to my advantage throughout this module because I was constantly behind with my workload so I didn’t have much to show. This meant I had to make decisions that could have been improved with the input of others.
- For studio brief two I could of pushed the range much further if I had managed my time better. I thought of lots of things that I could of included but just didn’t have the time to complete due to my own fault which is disappointing.